We give because we care.
As a Kansas City born-and-raised company, we are passionate about our local community. In 2014, we established the Shick Giving Back Committee to channel our philanthropic efforts toward causes and organizations that speak to our business and employee passions. But our desire to help others has always been a company value, one that began when William F. Ungashick founded our company with the goal of helping bakers improve their production processes.
Our philanthropic support goes beyond financial donations. We help restore homes. We put on our running shoes to raise funds. We encourage young people to think differently. At Shick, we direct our charitable giving and volunteer work in the below strategic areas:
- Education/Youth Support
- Community Development
- Feeding Our Neighbors
Our Mission Statement
To convey the ingredients for success to our customers, teammates and partners.
- American Bakers Association (ABA)
- American Society of Baking (ASB)
- Allied Trades Baking Industry (ATBI)
- Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturers’ Association (B&CMA)
- Bakery Equipment Manufacturers & Allieds (BEMA)
- National Coffee Association (NCA)
- Professional Manufacturing Confectioners Association (PMCA)
- Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA)
- SNAC International
Company Quick Facts
- Complete, integrated ingredient automation system provider to customers worldwide
- Part of the Linxis Group
- Corporate headquarters and manufacturing in Kansas City, Mo.
- Approximately 180 employees
- Systems installed and operating worldwide
- Worldwide support network of experienced manufacturer representatives
Because we focus solely on the food industry, and have done so for more than 60 years, nobody knows it better.
Our global network means you’ll have access and accountability 24/7, no matter where you are.
We provide the same knowledgeable, cohesive and high-performing team for the duration of your project, all with account service and management that’s second to none.